Friday, September 11, 2009

We Will Never Forget

I remember when I was little my parents talking about where they were on the day JFK was shot and killed. My mom was in school, and my dad was working. I remember them both talking about how that day and the days to come were one of the saddest days for America.

Unfortunately, I now have a story like that to tell my kids. I remember just as if it were yesterday where I was on 9/11/2001. I had just dropped of Blake at pre-school and had returned home to lay back down because I was pregnant with Emma and wasn't feeling well. I had just laid down when the phone rang. It was Matt calling from work to tell me to turn on the T.V. By the time I turned on the T.V., they has already confirmed that the United States was under attack. I remember feeling sick not from being pregnant, but from the tragedy that was unfolding before my eyes. I remember looking up in the sky later that evening on my way to work, scared that a plane was going to come out of nowhere. I remember watching the news (on every channel) over and over and over. I remember the excitement I felt when someone was found alive and the sadness when someone was not.

I REMEMBER...

Please take a moment today out of your busy life and remember those that gave their lives for another, or for those who were brave enough to fight back. Pray for those who did not make it and for the family they left behind. Pray for those who continue to give to keep our country safe.

PRAY...


1 comment:

Deborah Ann said...

Thank you for remembering on your blog. I visited Ground Zero last year, and there wasn't a single person there who had a dry eye. I could feel God's spirit grieving, it was overwhelming. I don't believe the grieving will ever end...

You're invited to join me:

heavenlyhumor.blogspot.com

Blessings...