Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Blessings...

Last Thursday our Nanjing playgroup got together. As always, everyone had a great time. The kids had a great time playing with each other, and us moms had a great time talking. We ordered pizza, ate Christmas cookies, and enjoyed watching our girls play together. Unfortunately, Miss Millie did not make it this time, but we are all hoping she will make it next month.
These girls are such Blessing to each one of us. Christmas this year is definitely going to be different than last year for each one of our families. As much as I enjoyed being with family, and watching the kids open gifts, at the same time, I was crying on the inside for my daughter that was not here. I remember trying so hard not to think about her and enjoy the moment. My heart ached for Mylee last Christmas. I kept telling myself that next year was going to be so different. Well, next year is FINALLY here, and I simply cannot wait to see all FOUR of my children bounce down the stairs on Christmas morning. I love seeing their faces the moment they see that Santa came and left presents under the tree. I love hearing their excitement as they unwrap gifts. But this year, more than anything I am going to love seeing 4 kids around the tree. I am really looking forward to seeing Christmas through Mylee's eyes.

Below are a few pictures taken when the girls were here last week. Enjoy!


Mylee, Ava, Elsa, and Clara
Our attempt at a picture of 4 of the 5 girls.
On a cooler note, this is what we awakened to Friday morning. As cold and slick as it was, it was beautiful outside. I could not resist taking some pictures. I think this is the first time I have ever seen anything like this. I was in awe. The kids were especially excited. Because of the ice storm, their Christmas break started a day early.




No comments: