Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Catching Up

It seems like forever since I have been on here that is how busy I have been. Obviously we spent Friday evening trick or treating with the kids. They seemed to have had a really nice time and got WAY too much candy. Blake (and a friend) was a Prom King Zombie, Gabe a Storm Trooper, Emma a Butterfly, and Mylee a ladybug. Mylee really got into the whole thing at first, but then she was more interested in eating the candy than getting more (fine by me). She did go to several houses and said "trick or treat" in her sweet little voice. We only trick or treated for about an hour and then the kids went to Grandma and Grandpa's for the night because Matt and I were having our (kid free) Halloween party. This is the first time we have done anything like
this and we had a really nice time with our friends. During the day on Friday I gutted the playroom and decorated it with fun Halloween stuff (I will post some pics later). We also did a little decorating outside and I was really surprised that Matt was getting into it. Now, if I can just get him to get as enthusiastic about hanging the Christmas lights this year. Anyway, Halloween was a lot of fun this year with all 4 kids.













I don't know why, but I LOVE this picture!

On Monday nights Emma has dance class. This year she is taking tap, jazz, and ballet. She really enjoys it and seems to be doing very well this year. Yesterday was watch night (parents can sit in on the class and watch what their children have learned) so we got to see Emma's dances and costumes for the year. Her tap and jazz costume is SOOOO cute (not sure Matt is going to agree with me). It is black with bright pink polka dots. And her ballet outfit is a simple white leotard and white tutu. Anyway, those are just her normal dances. She is also dancing in the Festival of Trees for tap and ballet, so she is learning a total of 5 dances this year! Again, she is doing fantastic. Her song for tap is Frost the Snowman and ballet is the Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy. I was asked again this year to make their costumes for the Festival of Tress (last year I made them and there were only 3 in her class). So, I ended up making 8 red, white, and green tutus with matching head pieces for ballet, and 6 snowman shirts, skirts, scarves and hats for tap. Yes, that is 14 costumes and I was literally sewing as I was running out the door last night. I still have some headpieces to make and finish the hats, but they all turned out so cute and the girls were really pleased with them as well.
By the way, Mylee finally had her first First Steps therapy session today. She did really well and will continue to have therapy now twice a week with them, and once with a pediatric orthopedic here in town. This Thursday she goes back down to Indy for a check to see how things are going. I am hoping that the doctor continues to see some improvement. I will let everyone know how it goes.
By the way, thanks again Denise for helping me out with the pictures. I really appreciate it.













No comments: