Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pumpkin Patch Fun

Before I begin I have to explain the Wordless Wednesday picture since I have gotten tons of e-mails about it. Every night before we put Mylee to bed we put on her braces, and then her jammies. The past few nights before I go to bed, I check on all the kids and have Mylee in the process of disrobing, or like you saw in the picture. The other night I could not resist taking a picture of her like this. Apparently after we put her to bed she completely strips down to nothing and then falls asleep. We then have to get her up to get her braces back on a dressed again. Once we get her ready for bed the second time, she usually does not strip down again. But come morning, she cannot wait to get her jammies and braces off.
Last weekend we took the kids to the apple orchard and pumpkin patch. This was our first family trip to the apple orchard and we had a great time. The kids really enjoyed it. At the pumpkin patch they were told they could each pick out their own pumpkin but they had to be able to carry it themselves. Gabe and Emma struggled with theirs, but they were both determined to carry them to the car. Mylee was in love with her pumpkin. I was not sure we were going to get it away from her. Now every time she sees a pumpkin she gets very excited. We are plannin on carving them tonight so I wll post pictures tomorrow from the carving fun.

Matt took Mylee to her therapy appointment yesterday and she seems to be doing very well. Her therapist, Cindy is quite impressed with how things are going. She is showing a great deal of improvement in her right leg. When she walks she is able to bend her right knee and her left a little. She is even starting to bend her knees to pick things up from the floor. The kids have even taught her to march. As we go up the stairs, I follow her up and help her to bend her knees and as we are doing this she says "bend" with every step. She is such a trooper. She continues to amaze us with her willingness and ability to overcome all she has been through. For that, I am very thankful.
As you can see from the pictures, I am having quite a bit of fun creating. Unfortunately, I am spending way too much time doing it and need to get off the computer and get some homework done.

No comments: