Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Wow, it seems like forever since I have updated the blog. Things have been kind of hectic around here. Last Wednesday I took Mylee back to Riley for her cast check. Everything went well, and we will go back this Friday so they can do the procedure that was supposed to be done last week.
For now though, she is doing great. She is crawling everywhere and back to her spunky little self.

Matt came home for lunch last Friday (which he NEVER does) to inform me that he and eight other guys had just been layed off. TO put it mildly, I was a bit shocked. He has been told several times over and over that although there were layoffs going on, he would NOT be one to get a pink slip. Anyway, he has no idea how long he will be layed off, he was told it could be as short as a week, or as long as three months. He is already out looking for work and has a couple of side jobs lined up for later this week.

As for Blake, Emma, and Gabe, not too much to report there. Blake and Emma are counting down to spring break. We don't usually take a big trip for spring break, Matt and I usually take a couple of days off and do something with the kids. I am not too sure what we are going to do this year, but I am sure we will think of something.
Gabe is going to play t-ball this summer and is so excited. He finally gets to do things that his big brother and sister have done.

Tonight is my monthly mom's night with other special needs adoptive mom's. I always look forward to getting together with the other moms because we always have such a great time together. We talk about EVERYTHING from our adoptive kids to our biological kids, good things and bad. Tonight I am even more excited because Rebecca from China Baby is coming. Rebecca knows one of the other moms and was invited by her, so we will all meet tonight. Rebecca did my blog design and it was at that time that I learned that she lives about 45 minutes from me. She also lives in the town where we spend the summers at the lake. So, I was so surprised when I found out that one of the other moms knew Rebecca. Needless to say, I cannot wait to meet her. I love reading her blog and she is an amazing photographer as well. I will update on how everything goes. I hope I don't come off too strong, I feel a bit starstruck.

No comments: