Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Future Rockstar???

Once again it's time for our monthly update on Drew from New Day. These updates are so great because it really helps with the whole waiting process. Many times I have been asked if the process this time is easier as far as the wait, what to expect, paperwork, etc. My answer is usually yes. With Mylee being our first adoption we were pretty much treading unknown waters. I was constantly obsessing and worrying about everything surrrounding her adoption. I spent countless hours on the internet researching anything and everything concerning adoption, China, attachment, grants, etc. This time around things are so much more relaxed (notice I didn't say easier). I am not as obsessive because I know what to expect. I am alot more patient, and relaxed because I know that obsessing, worrying, and stressing out will not bring Drew home any sooner. I know that there will be more hurdles to jump, but we will get over them. I know all of this because I KNOW that we are traveling down a path that He laid out for us. And at the end of the day, that is all that matters.


Below you will find the update written by Drew's foster mom and a recent picture.


Dear Friends,

We hope this note finds you doing well, and that you enjoy reading this month's update.

Drew is 3 Years 7 Months Old.

Drew's foster mom wrote this update:

This month Drew has been great! He's grown fast. He's a beautiful boy and looks even cuter when he smiles. Once he had a day off preschool and decided to perform for me in our house. He turned and ran into the other room to prepare. A little while later, he ran back out saying “Hello, I’m Xiao Shenyang (Xiao Shenyang is a star who is really popular, sort of like Michael Jackson in the 1980s.).” Then he started to sing. I acted very interested and I even sang with him. Suddenly he said, “I’m home” just like Xiao Shenyang said during the Spring Festival Showcase which made him famous throughout our country. We sure had fun that day! Drew is a pleasure to care for!

If you ever have any questions, please let us know. Thank you for your continued support.

Blessings,

New Day Staff


6 comments:

Lori at JOY Unspeakable said...

Oh my goodness, he is so handsome!! And what a HUGE blessing that you get monthly updates! We didn't get one single update when we were waiting for Lucy...it was SO HARD, I actually began to wonder if she really existed!!

I'm so glad that Drew is getting such wonderful care!

Deborah Ann said...

Aw, he's a cutie! That must be hard to read about all the cute stuff he's doing, that you can't wait for him to do in his new home! I can't imagine how hard this wait must be, but it sounds like you're a champion in this arena.

Blessings!

Gavin's Family said...

Drew is so cute in the new picture of him. Of course he's cute in all of them.
We just got our LID yesterday from our agency and we are 9/27th. I guess we are in the same boat as far as expecting our LOA at the same time.

MJ said...

I never get tired of seeing those oh, so kissable cheeks!

We are so blessed to get these updates on our kiddo's every month!

TanyaLea said...

A very HANDSOME little man, indeed! These monthly updates are SUCH a huge blessing. It's wonderful to learn how our children are doing and to KNOW they are in such great hands until we can bring them home. They already know love, therefore, they will be able to give love in return. That is SUCH a gift in and of itself!!

Blessings and Hugs,
~Tanya

BrOwN CiRcUs said...

What a sweetheart! How fun it is to hear about a day in his life right now. It must be a comfort to know he is loved!