Friday, October 23, 2009

Tis the Season Almost

I know, I know, it isn't even Halloween yet and I am thinking about Christmas. y, usually I am almost done with my Christmas shopping by now, but with the current status of our economy and the fact that Matt was out of work for a while, I am a bit behind schedule. Usually I start buying things when the kids go back to school because not only do I have Christmas to buy for, but with three kids' birthdays in the months of August, October, and December. A few years ago Matt and I decided we weren't going to buy for one another and that pact is going to hold true again this year because we are actually giving each other the best gift possible, another son to love.

Last year right after Christmas Matt and I decided to start a Christmas Club through our bank. We had never done one of these before. Every week a certain amount of money is taken straight from our account and put into our Christmas account. The good thing is that once the money is in the account, you cannot take it out until November. So, although I have put off my shopping, I am happy to say that I will be getting a large chunk of change in a couple of weeks that will more than likely start to dwindle on the day after Thanksgiving. Yes, I am one of those people. Up and out of the house by 4:00 a.m. and standing in line somewhere to get the bargain of the century. More on that later.

So, I was reading Stefanie's post and thought I should probably start coming up with some ideas or at least ask the kids what they want this year. Of course whenever the T.V. is on and a toy commercial comes on I can at least count on one of the kids to scream out "I want that!" Anyway, below are some of the things that are on the list of must haves this year. Hopefully Santa can come through on at least a few of these. If not, there are always the Grandparents :)













4 comments:

Tami said...

Nice ideas Mandi...I haven't started my shopping yet either. Every year I say I want to be done by Thanksgiving and I don't even come close..LOL! The Christmas club for saving sounds like a great way to budget!

John and I do the same in not exchanging....we just buy or make a card with something heartfelt written in it.

OX~Tam

Tara Anderson said...

Based on the pictures you posted, I think our houses are going to look a lot alike on Christmas morning! Our kids have pretty much identical wish lists! LOL! And I always do my shopping after Thanksgiving as well...although I'm not brave enough to venture out the day after! It's been our tradition the last few years to budget Andrew's November paycheck from the Navy Reserve for our Christmas shopping and it works great!

Stefanie said...

Don't you just LOVE having that Christmas money ready to go at Christmas? It's the best!
We don't watch much TV with commercials... I didn't recognize many of those toys. I'm thinkin' it might be in my best interest if my kiddos aren't aware of all there is out there ;)
Thanks for linking up, Mandi!

Adeye said...

Oh wow---you actually do that early morning, crazy, thing???? Good for you. Hope you get some great bargains this year.

I usually leave Christmas shopping until Christmas Eve :)