Friday, March 19, 2010

What A Surprise!

We were surprised yesterday with updated measurements, pictures, and more information about Jaxon. As soon as we received our LOA our agency sent over a letter we had written to Jaxon introducing our family to him and asking him some questions. Our agency told us not to expect much, so you can imagine all of our excitement and surprise when we got everything we asked for yesterday.

We told Jaxon about the family and he seems very excited. He said although he doesn’t know who they are yet, he is excited about having little brothers and sisters, and a family. Here are his responses to the family’s questions: he is currently going to second grade in junior middle school (translator: equivalent to 8th grade in the U.S.), he likes the subject of Language Arts, besides reading comic books he also likes playing basketball and listening to music, as well as reading books and playing video games. PE is his most favorite class. He would like to have pictures of his new family so he can get to know them more. We have attached a few pictures of Jaxon, they are taken inside the orphanage and his bedroom. I hope the family will enjoy the photos. Jaxon's current measurements are: height 175cm, weight 62.5kg, head circumference 80cm, chest circumference 81.5cm. (His measurements translate to about 5'7 and 137.5 pounds).







When Emma heard his interests, this was her response "Mom, we like everything the same, we have so much in common. Can I send him a picture that drew?" She is just the sweetest. She and I went out last night to get a photo album, and we also bought him a sketch pad, pencils, and some candy.

We are so excited about bringing home Drew and Jaxon, we cannot wait to have them in our family. Click here to for Drew's story, and here for Jaxon's.

Fundraiser Update: The fundraiser end tonight at midnight so if you haven't had a chance to check out all the amazing prizes go here. We are currently at 40%!!!! Anyone who donated today will get 2 extra entries!!!!!






18 comments:

living4him5 said...

Oh Mandy,

He's very handsome!!! I can't wait to see Jaxon and Drew in your family!

Many blessings!
Amy

Marsha said...

Awesome news, Mandi! So excited for your whole family. He's so good looking! Should be a model with those features! I can feel your excitement and love hearing the updates.

Lori at JOY Unspeakable said...

He looks and sounds like a wonderful young man!

Ashley said...

Oh he is so very handsome!! I'm thrilled for you guys! (Ash2008 on RQ)

Michele said...

Oh my gosh Mandy! He is so handsome!!! He looks 18!

I would *love* to adopt an older child. I can't wait to follow your journey to your sweet boys!

Shonni said...

I am so excited for you! This is such a God thing and I am praying for you all!

Mrs. Winn said...

That's so darn cool, Mandi!!

Jaxon is a sharp looking young man. He looks beyond his almost 14 years. I bet he'll love the art pad from Emma. Watching God unfold his story is so exciting!
~Kelly

Unknown said...

This made my heart happy. I am glad you are making a difference. That is such a beautiful thing. It made me say a prayer of thanks!

Adeye said...

Oh my goodness---what a blessing, and what a HANDSOME young man!

Wonderful news.

Tami said...

What a wonderful blessing for you to get this update....

This all is just wonderful...you must be so excited:-).

I also just wanted to double check that you rec'd the donation we made a few days back. I'm not sure if you're handing out numbers or what so I just thought I'd check, since I hadn't heard anything.

God bless,
Tami

Serving the King said...

Those two are precious!! Praying for your family and we can't wait to follow your journey in China!

TanyaLea said...

What a handsome young man! I can't wait until you get to bring your boys home!! I think having Jaxon will also help with Drew's transition and vice-versa! God is so good!!

And speaking of how AMAZING our God is... I just checked over at your fundraiser and you jumped to 56%! PTL!!! What a wonderful and successful fundraiser. I am just thrilled for your family and so touched by those who have reached out to help you. It blesses me just to witness just good and giving hearts! <><

Have a blessed weekend!
~ Tanya

Jerry and Christy said...

What a blessing to get an update. It looks like he is from the same SWI as our daughter. The building in the background looks exactly the same as in some of our pictures. He sounds like a very nice young man.
Christy

Anonymous said...

What a blessing to receive such wonderful pictures and very specific update.
I cannot wait to follow your journey as you bring home both of your boys!
I aslo can't wait to see who wins all of your great fundraiser items! You did such a great job at organizing a fantastic fundraiser. I am so glad it turned out so well.

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog today, and I have enjoyed reading some of your posts. It is funny that I would find it this weekend b/c we just finished submitting our LOI to our agency and are at the very beginning (Hopefully :-) of this journey!

Tara Anderson said...

I thought I had already commented on this post, but apparently not! :) I LOVE the pictures of Jaxon...what a good lookin' young guy! I think the first English phrase you will need to teach him is "leave me alone you silly girls!" :) Oh Mandi, it just sounds like he is going to fit into your family SO perfectly! I love what God is doing here!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mandy,

Just delurking to ask if you know why his t-shirt has the Australian Aboriginal Flag on it?

Anna

Amanda said...

Oh Mandi!

I'm just now catching up on things. I've been so sick the past few days. What a HUGE blessing for your family! God's plan is always so much better than the plans we have! I can't wait to follow as you bring Drew and Jaxon home.

Hugs!
~Mandy