Friday, April 9, 2010

It's Official

We finally have travel dates. What we don't have is a confirmed CA (Consulate Appointment), or the boys' TA's (Travel Approvals). But hey, as long as we have the flights booked, confirmed and paid for, the other stuff will come as well (I hope).

So, you wanna know when we leave? How does April 14th sound? Yes, as in this coming Wednesday. As in 5 days from now!

For the past couple of weeks I have been saying that we were hoping to leave the 14th, but the closer it got, the more I was beginning to realize that we would more than likely leave the following Wednesday, the 22nd. As a matter of fact, when I spoke with our agency last Friday, she told me that leaving on the 14th would really be pushing it and that the 22nd would definitely be more realistic.

So, Monday I was at least able to let my daycare people know to start planning on me leaving the 22nd. I was actually getting used to the idea of leaving on the 22nd because it would give me so much more time to get everything done. And then on Wednesday I get an e-mail from our agency saying that we many need to start the process for Drew on April 18 or 19. However, when I actually spoke to her on the phone she said don't book flights, just put them on hold until we can make sure the dates are going to work. Okay, no problem. I literally hung up the phone and began calling travel agents, airlines, and whoever else I could think of to shop for tickets.

What I was hearing was NOT what I wanted to hear. The tickets have literally doubled in price since the last time I checked. DOUBLED! By this point I am freaking out because we barely had enough money as it was and now we are looking at more in flights than we had planned. So, I found some and reluctantly put them on hold.

I called my agency as soon as they opened to make sure we could actually book flights today and was told "we don't know yet, I will have to check on some things and call you back." No biggy (yeah right). So, I literally watched the minutes pass, then the hours until I could not take it any longer, so I called them back.

We were finally given the go ahead to officially book our flights, but were also told that we did not have our TA's or CA. Like I said earlier, not worried about it, they will come.

So, finally after over a year of waiting, we will meet Drew and I will most definitely be smooching those oh so kissable cheeks. We will be meeting him a week from today.
Oh I cannot wait. Then, the following Wednesday we will fly to Nanjing to meet Jaxon.

Am I ready? Yes and no. I cannot wait to meet my boys, but we have SO much to do before next Wednesday. My mind is running wild with all the things I need to. Last minute items need to be purchased. Lists for the kids to be made. Notes to teachers need to be written. Oh, and I have not been able to get ahold of my professor to let him know what is going on. Luckily I told him I would be going to China in the spring and he seemed pretty easy going about it. My only concern is that I have two scheduled tests to take while we are gone and the semester will be over by the time we get back.

So, please pray that I don't lose my mind trying to get everything together before next Wednesday. Nothing like scrambling at the last minute.


Becky R said...


Lori said...

Oh my gosh!!! That is SO soon! Wow, get goin' girl! You've got a million things to do, no doubt!!

TanyaLea said...

CRAZINESS is right! I will be praying for an organized and calm mind and that God just causes all the details to literally 'fall' into place! SOOOOOO excited for you. All this waiting and in ONE WEEK you will finally get to squeeze that precious little boy of yours...and then soon after, another squeeze for that precious big boy of yours! I can't WAIT to follow along. I was SO hoping we would cross paths...but it isn't sounding all that likely, especially with you leaving next week. And I truly couldn't be more happier for you! Take care and have a 'fruitful' weekend of packing!!

~ Tanya

Julie said...

That is wonderful! Many prayers that everything will come together for your family. Looking forward to following along.

Tara Anderson said...

HOORAY!!! I'm so happy for you...and your growing family!!!

Jean said...

Yes!! The time has come for you to meet your boys!! Over the moon excited for all of you!!
Thank you Jesus!!

Shonni said...

I will be praying for exciting!!!!

connie said...

Mandi, this is awesome news! I can't wait to see you with both your boys! God is so very good!

living4him5 said...


I'll be praying and following your journey. Are you going to be posting to your blog while in China?

BTW... My Linzhi is from Nanjing too!

Much love,

Rebekah said...

I have been following your blog for a few weeks, and I am so excited for your family! What a praise to the Lord!

(We have recently submitted an LOI for a little boy in Tianjin and hope to have PA soon.)