Saturday, April 10, 2010

Sunday Snapshot ~ So Close

Ni Hao Y'all


Not only have I posted these pictures before, but I didn't even take them. For those of you who have been following for awhile know exactly who these two adorable and handsome boys are. For the newbies, meet Drew (4) and Jaxon (13). We have been working for over a year to bring Drew home and just recently (within the last month) started the process to bring Jaxon home. To read more about Drew's story go here, and for Jaxon's go here.




Faith has been a big, no, a HUGE part of our journey to bringing our boys home. This past year has really tested not only our commitment to Drew's adoption, but has strengthened out faith by leaps and bounds.

We just found out Friday that we are leaving Wednesday (April 14), and will meet Drew on the 16th. We will meet Jaxon on April 21st. We could not be more excited. We are completely head over heels in love with both boys and cannot wait to add them to our family.

The down side of all of this is that with such short notice, our travel expenses have gone up significantly. I spent pretty much ALL day Friday looking for tickets that were affordable or at least reasonable. Once I found tickets, then there were issues with booking our return flights because for some reason most were booked up or were going to cost us $8000 a piece. Yes, you read that right. So, I finally found some that would work, but we are having to stay in Hong Kong for two nights. This is not really a big deal, but it is two more days away from Emma, Gabe and Mylee.

As excited as I am to be leaving to meet our boys, I am equally stressing out with everything that needs to be done and with the fact that we may not have enough money now with the extra costs of travel. Oh, and our in China arrangements haven't even been made yet and won't be until Monday (I hope).

So, as you can see, the Chip In is back up. I so did not want to do this, but at this point I really have no choice. I have spoken to a couple of other adoptive parents and friends and they have all encouraged me to "suck it up" and ask for help, once again.

I CANNOT wait until we are home with our boys and I can really start paying it forward.

2 comments:

living4him5 said...

Praying for you! I've been looking at airline tickets too...gulp! God will provide it, hang in there!!

Much love,
Amy

Cari said...

Well, where have I been?! I saw the name Jaxon on one of your previous posts, but didn't know who he was. Then today you posted the link to read about him, so I click on that. What a super cool story and awesome God we have!!!! I just love this and that you have received the needed funds. Reading this just made my day...so happy for your family! :)