Monday, February 28, 2011

And the Winners Are...

God is good! Plain and Simple! Just about a month ago, Matt and I were seriously contemplating not moving forward with the adoption of Keliah. I really, really, did not want to have to turn to our blog to fundraise this time, but with the support and prayers of some other wonderful adoption mommas, I decided that it was at least a try. Matt and I had decided that if it was God's will, then He would show us we are on the right path.

A little over a month ago we couldn't even submit our I-800A application and still needed to get some fees to our agency. Within a week and a half of opening the fundraiser, I was mailing our application. Today, I am so excited to tell you that we have received our receipt letter and will be going to Indianapolis for walk in fingerprints on Wednesday (that is the day our office will allow walk ins so we don't have to wait any longer for our appointment).

Today, because of you, we were able to raise $1810.00 towards bringing Keliah home. In my opinion, it is because we gave up control and handed it over to the man in charge. He showed us once again, that it is His will for us to add another child to our family. He has showed us once again, that we are on the right path despite any roadblocks we may encounter. He has showed us, once again, that our trust, belief, and faith in Him will get us through this journey and untie us with our daughter.



I've said it before, adoption is not easy. It is not something you just wake up one day and say "hey, lets adopt a child." It is definitely emotionally, financially, and physically draining at times. Adoption is unpredictable, and full of unknowns. It tests your patience, and even your faith at times. But through all the ups, the downs, and the unknowns, there is one thing for certain. Adoption is nothing short of a miracle. The amount of love I have for ALL my kids is unconditional and overflowing. They each have brought so much joy and love to our family and filled voids in our hearts we didn't even know we had.

Now on to what you have all been waiting on...

The winner of the beautiful ABC inc head band is Jean (who is getting ready to travel herself and bring home two more treasures from China).

The winners of the Matilda Jane gift cards are:

C.S. (I have sent you an e-mail letting you know you won)

Mary Aiken ( I have already contacted you and your card is in the mail)

Congratulations to the winners and THANK YOU again and again for helping us to fulfill His plan.

No comments: