Monday, January 25, 2010

Drew's January Update

We are so blessed. This is the monthly update for January. I love getting these, they are so special and have definitely made the wait a little easier. However, as much as I love them I am hoping we only get one or two more. Why you ask? Well, because that will mean that we have our TA and are on our way to bring home out son.

We are only on day 12 of the TA wait, but that is 12 more days closer to bringing him home. Can you tell I am getting excited?



Dear Friends,

We hope this note finds you doing well, and that you enjoy reading this month's update.

Drew is 3 Years 10 Months Old.

Drew’s foster mother wrote this update:

Drew is such a smart child; he will say the cutest things. One afternoon he told me, “The rice you cooked was so tasty, and so was the fish. Thank you!” After lunch, we went to the front room and I asked him to stay there while I turned on the heat. He answered, “Mom, I know that you want to make me feel warm and to not get too cold.” I was so happy to hear those words.

Drew is also turning out to be quite a host. He helps me to prepare for guests by sweeping the floors and he greets our visitors as they arrive. He will also bring fruit and water to them. He is such an adorable boy!

8 comments:

MJ said...

These updates are great! What a blessing. Yep! Just maybe one or two more and he'll be home. We are thinking just one more for Evan. It seems so surreal this journey will be ending soon, and the adventure starts!

Tara Anderson said...

You are one blessed mama!!! It sounds like your son is one incredible boy, and I can't wait for you to bring him home! I'm hoping for only one more update. :)

Cari said...

awe...that is so sweet! how wonderful to be able to to receive these updates.

TanyaLea said...

Such a blessing! I am with you...praying there are only a couple more before we travel to bring Khloe home. And you're right...we could definitely end up crossing paths in China...how fun would that be!?!

You can see how incredibly loved Drew is by his foster family. We will pray that God prepares their heart over the next couple of months, as well as Drew's. It will be a little difficult at first, but I know he is going to be such a great fit for your family, and I can't wait to see him join all of you! Sounds like he stole the show at the recent sponsor's event they had at NewDay...so cute! I love what a little helper and performer he is. You are SO blessed. We both are!! :)

Hugs,
Tanya

Tami said...

Mandi,

Such a sweet, sweet boy.

I pray that TA of yours arrives soon, but while you wait, I remember what a lift these precious updates are to the heart.

It's so apparent in the letter that his foster family loves him very much. From what I remember of Drew when we were there, he's definitely 'all boy' and a child that is very confident in himself. It's wonderful to see his 'soft side' come through with his foster mom. It's so obvious he's a boy with a very grateful heart.

God is so good!
Hugs,
Tami

Brendan and Melissa said...

I LOVE THOSE CHEEKS! Can't wait to squish them!

God's Girl said...

Oh... I just happened upon your blog and I said a special prayer for you to bring home your sweet Drew! We are starting the process to adopt again from Russia.

Nice to meet you!

Julie

Adeye said...

Oh my gosh, you are soooo blessed to be able to get these. What a gift! He sure does sound like SUCH a treasure, my friend. I know your arms are aching to hold him tight.

SOOONNN!!!!!