Monday, January 18, 2010

Ordinary Day, How True

I saw this posted on another blog and almost did not watch it. I am so glad I did though because it really makes you sit back, listen, and take it all in. Being a stay at home mom of four (soon to be 5), having a daycare, and going to school, there are days when I literally feel like pulling my hair out. And then I think about what if I woke up one day and it was all gone. The kids fighting. The mountains upon mountains of laundry. The messy rooms. The late nights of homework. The bills. The empty cupboards only days after going to the grocery. The constant texting (Blake). The Drama (Emma). The tantrums. The money spent on food, clothes, and shoes (someone is always needing new shoes). The crying and the laughter. The The timeouts and the hugs that come when they are over.

So, as you can imagine when I saw this it really made me realize that one day they (my kids) are going to be gone. Off to college, married and with families of their own. And then I really started to think, what a I going to do? My kids are my life, I am with them everyday, I love them more than anything or anyone in the world.

I think this hit me especially hard because of everything going on in Haiti right now. My heart aches for all those sweet children who no longer have a family or for the parents that will never again hear the laughter or tears of their child/ren. Those who have no bed to be tucked into at night or food to eat.

So, please take a moment to watch this and to not only thank God for all you have but to realize that one day it may all me gone too quickly. Thank Him for filling your home with laughter, tears, mountains of laundry, drama, fighting, etc.



3 comments:

Tara Anderson said...

What an important reminder!!! I'm going to go hug my girls now! :)

TanyaLea said...

Yes...isn't that the truth!!?!! Thank you for posting this and reminding us to cherish our 'ordinary' days. This video spoke VOLUMES to my heart...especially with a daughter who is already a freshman in HS. The years FLY by faster than I ever imagined they would. And oh, what I wouldn't do for a few "do-overs"!!! Yes. I am going to PURPOSE to appreciate the 'ordinary days'.

God bless! <><
~ Tanya

Jo said...

Sounds a bit like what I was dealing with last week--weary of the day-in, day-out stuff, but knowing I wouldn't trade what I'm doing for anything.