Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Warning Sign

The above picture was taken without my knowledge. This was taken shortly after Mylee's birthday party (I will post more on that later). Those of you who know me, know that I NEVER take a nap. As a matter of fact, if I am home, I am rarely on the couch. Usually I am up cleaning, doing laundry, organizing, or doing other mom stuff. Not that I am complaining, I am just not one to sit around. If there are things to be done (and there always is), I cannot relax until everything is in order. I know, OCD! Anyway, after everyone went home from Mylee's party, my sister and I both laid on the couch and were talking, the next thing I knew, I was waking up to the telephone ringing. I was probably asleep for at least an hour if not longer. Looking back, I should have know something was wrong. Yep, that's right, I got hit with the FLU. I don't get sick often, but when I do, I am usually REALLY sick. I woke up Monday morning around four feeling a bit nauseous. By five, I had my head in the toilet, and by six, I was on the toilet with a plastic bag in my lap (if ya get my drift).
Needless to say, I had to take the day off, and spent all day in bed. Not only did I feel horrible from being sick, but I felt so bad for Gabe and Mylee who were couped up in my room most of the day. Lucky for me, Mylee takes great naps. So, while she napped, Gabe sat in bed next to me watching cartoons and playing his Leapster. He was so good, and did a great job of "taking care" of me.
I ended up taking Tuesday off as well, and I am glad I did. Now I am back to work, and back to my OCD habits (sorry Matt).

I will post some pictures of Mylee's party later this afternoon.














No comments: